Social Work and General Counselling
Social Workers and Counsellors are located at both Beaufort and Skipton. The Beaufort Social Worker and Counsellor is located in Havelock Street, Beaufort. The Skipton Counsellor is located in Blake Street, Skipton.
Social Workers and Counsellors
Social workers provide information, counselling, emotional and practical support.
- Counselling for individuals for all ages, couples and families
- Supporting individuals in difficulties with government and non-government departments (e.g. schools)
- Stress relief and relaxation methods
- Assistance with problems like drug or alcohol addiction; or relationship breakdown
- Provide information on or referral to other support services in the community
Do I need a referral?
Clients are referred by GP's, District Nurses, or even local schools. Clients are able to self-refer by calling the phone numbers below. If our service is not suitable to your needs we will assist and help guide you towards suitable services and referral where appropriate.
What should I bring to my appointment?
Any relevant legal or appropriate documents you feel are suitable or required.
Beaufort: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 8.00am - 4.30pm
Skipton: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday; 8.30am - 5.00pm
Contact the health service at Beaufort Campus 5349 1600 or Skipton Campus 5340 1134 for an appointment.
Counselling with Beaufort & Skipton Health Services is $10 per session.
Other helpful resources include:
Beyond Blue - 1300 224 636 www.beyondblue.org.au
Mental Health Line - 1300 280 737
Kids Help Line - 1800 551 800 www.kidshelpline.com.au
Mensline - 1300 78 99 78 www.menslineaus.org.au
Parentline - 13 22 89
Lifeline - 13 11 14
Suicide Helpline - 1300 651 251