A Podiatrist is based at both Beaufort and Skipton. The Beaufort Podiatrist is located in Havelock Street, Beaufort. The Skipton Podiatrist is located in Blake Street, Skipton.
A podiatrist is a health professional who deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
What services does a podiatrist provide?
- provides expert examination of the feet and lower limbs
- prevents and manages foot complications for those living with chronic disease such as diabetes, kidney disease, arthritis and circulation problems
- assesses, diagnoses and treats foot complications such as wounds, infection, circulatory and neurological problems
- prescribes wound and rehabilitation programs, that include wound management, application of total contact casts or irremovable cast walkers, insoles and footwear
- coordinates multi-disciplinary teams of doctors, surgeons, nurses and allied health professionals to reduce the need for elective foot surgery, amputation and hospitalisation
- performs both nail and soft tissue surgery
- plays an important role in maintaining the mobility of many elderly and disabled people
- paediatric gait assessment
- orthotic therapy treatment for biomechanical injuries;
- routine primary care (includes corn/callous debridement and toenail care)
Beaufort and Skipton Hostel/Nursing Home residents are serviced by the Podiatrist.
Do I need a referral?
No referral is required.
Beaufort: Mon, Weds and Fri: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Skipton: Tues and Thurs: 8.30am - 5.00pm
$10 or $5 concession
For more information
Beaufort Phone: 03 5349 1610
Skipton Phone: 03 5340 1134