We have Dietitians in both Beaufort and Skipton
The Beaufort Dietitian is located in Havelock Street, Beaufort.
The Skipton Dietitian is located in Blake Street, Skipton.
Dietitians are health professionals who improve the health of individuals, groups and communities by applying the science of human nutrition. Dieticians use their skills and knowledge to modify diets to treat medical conditions, and to advise other health professionals about the role of diet in health care, as well as educate the general public about eating for health.
What services can a Dietitian provide?
- Counsel and educate people on appropriate diets, menu planning and preparation of food to treat an illness or disease and/or to enhance and maintain optimum health.
- plan appropriate diets and menus to meet the needs of individuals whose medical condition that can be treated or controlled by diet therapy.
Do I need a referral?
You don't need a referral to see a dietitian at BASHS however if you don't have a referral it would be beneficial to bring along a list of your current medications and any recent blood test results.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Blood glucose record book
- Up to date medication list
- Any recent blood test results
$10 per consultation.
Concessions $5 (no charge for paediatrics or DVA cardholders)
To find out more please see: http://www.daa.asn.au