Beaufort and Skipton Health Service has a credentialed Diabetes Educator.
The Beaufort Diabetes Educator is located at the Medical Clinic in Havelock Street, Beaufort. Phone: 03 5439 1625
The Skipton Diabetes Educator is located at the Medical Clinic in Blake Street, Skipton. Phone: 03 5340 1100
What services does a Diabetes Educator provide?
Provides information and support for people with diabetes such as:
- Explaining what diabetes is
- Assistance with the ‘day to day’ management of your diabetes
- Teaching blood glucose monitoring including: getting set up, what the results mean and what can affect the results
- Providing information and explanation on various types of medications and insulin
- Problem solving, to help the person take control of their diabetes
No fee will be charged if you have a referral from your GP, as part of your Diabetes GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement.
What should I bring along to my appointment?
It is helpful if you are able to bring a list of current medications, your blood glucose record book, blood glucose meter and equipment, to your initial appointment with the diabetes educator.
Out of Hours
Please call afterhours GP helpline 1800 022 222.
In a medical emergency always call 000.